So if you have already planned your maternity shoot. Your photographer is ready. You know where it’s going to happen. You are glowing and radiating and are perfectly ready to show your beautiful baby bump to the rest of the world, but one thing is stopping you—your outfits. You have not decided on them and you are not sure what to wear. Stylists are also expensive so you want some ideas at home. So you end up scrolling Pinterest all day to find the best outfits.
If that sounds like you, then please know that there is no need to be confused. In today’s post, we are going to share with you some nice and authentic styling tips that will help you look flawless and gorgeous for your maternity photoshoot. So without further ado, let’s just get straight into it!
How many outfits should you carry to your maternity shoot?
We suggest that you go for 2-3 outfits for the shoot. Having too many outfits is not the best idea. You could also add some variety and excitement to your final outfits and give yourself the opportunity to mix things up a little bit if you want. So, for example, you can keep one casual look, a dress or a gown to look formal, or a shirt with some lingerie to flaunt your belly bump. You may also pick up some alternate styles and wear around 2-3 different outfits that have the same kind of style.
What outfits are considered to be the best for maternity shoots?
If you want to capture your beautiful shape, then make sure to find that dress that heightens the flawless beauty of your baby bump. Avoid baggy clothes or excess fabric. This can make things look exaggerated. Instead, go for an outfit that is well-fitted. We highly advise that you go for outfits like a body-con dress, form-fitting outfits, etc. You can also try empire line dressed. Lingerie and jeans can also be experimented with. All you will need to do is wear some jeans, and add a crop top. And that’s it. You are good to go. Our experts from the Maternity Photoshoot Delhi team can also provide you with more suggestions based on your preferences.
What colors should you choose for maternity shoots?
If studio photography is what you are aiming for, the palette is usually quite simple. All you need to do is pick two colors that describe you the best. Black, denim, cream, and white are considered to be the best options. You can also go for single colors as they are able to create a wonderful impact. In fact, if you want to go just black and white, that would be beyond perfect. If you are doing a studio photoshoot, then make sure to avoid patterns as they take away the attention from you and focus more on the style.
If my partner is coming, what should he wear?
If you are dressing up for a maternity photoshoot, you can actually get your partner to dress up in a similar manner. This will make you look like you are in the same group. So if you wearing a pair of jeans with a bandana, make sure that the colors you are wearing match you. Or if you are wearing a formal outfit, he can wear one too. That way it won’t look cluttered or confusing.
Wear Complimentary Colours
Another thing you could do is wear colors that complement you well. Wearing cool colors will effectively bring your captures together. So make sure that when you are deciding what you wear with your family, make sure there is a specific color scheme that you are planning or going for. Make sure to stick with them and it will automatically help you set the example you’ve always wanted to.
Focus On The Finishing Touches
Your hands will always feature a few captures that you want your family to invest in. So make sure to give yourself that final touch. For this, you can always get a manicure done. You may also ask your family to take a small trip to the salon before doing your shoot.
Makeup Tips On How To Have The Best Maternity Photoshoot
- A lot of the makeup that you do depends on where you are shooting. Different areas require different types of areas or different lighting.
- Make sure the makeup artist knows and understands how you want your makeup to be done. With high resolutions and camera flashes, you will require different makeup compared to what you need for everyday looks.
- Even if you are getting your makeup done by a professional, make sure it is minimalistic and matte.
- You may also go for a smokey eye or even a bold red lip to make your skin pop.
- Never go for shimmery makeup. Shimmery makeup tends to reflect black into your camera and they don’t always look great. However, you don’t need only eye shadows or highlighters for this. Just go for something that’s basic. Also, make sure you avoid mineral makeup. That is a straight no-no too.
- Speak to an expert. You can also consider speaking to someone who knows makeup better. You don’t have to go to a professional artist. You could always go to some drug store that has various options to choose from. A few counters also offer free makeup lessons so that you can ace your maternity shoot with confidence.
- You can also do some practice at home. Practicing enough at home will also give you immense confidence and you will be able to feel more confident and relaxed when you are shooting.
- You can also choose gold powder instead of face powder. Putting too much shimmery or shiny makeup is not always advisable. Having a gold tint will give you a bit of warmth too. If you tend to get oily skin, then make sure to use tissue paper to blot the excess sweat off. You can also use some powder to touch up your skin.
- Also, never underestimate what nice lipstick can do. You can go for a bold lip color or a matte liquid lipstick that will highlight your lipstick the best. This will really help you stand out and create a more attractive glow.
Hairstyle Tips On How To Have The Best Maternity Photoshoot
- You can get your hair done in a professional manner before the shoot. Since you would like your hair to look personal, it is ideal that you consult a hairstylist who can help you out. Hairstylists can offer you some great advice, depending on your face, what look you are going for, and whether you are doing this outside or at a studio.
- Many moms also dont want to go for elaborate hairstyles, and that is perfectly okay. You can go for loose hair and untied hair too as they will give you a more natural and attractive look. However, the choice at the end of the day is entirely yours.
- A loose pony is also a good idea. You can also try that. These ponies are very feminine, and soft and give you a more glamorous look.
Hairstyles you can try for your shoot
Who doesn’t want a goddess to look when they are pregnant? This one is a popular hairstyle. However, in order to achieve this, you need to wash your hair often, and make sure it is properly washed, dried, and far away from all your products. You could also try this technique on yourself or speak to a friend who can help you out.
Half Up Hairstyle
These hairstyles are also excellent, especially for pregnant moms or those who have just given birth. Such hairstyles look effortless and you won’t have to keep worrying about always pushing your hair away. You could also try some loose curls or even a half-up hairstyle to look good.
Pinning up your hair on one side is also a good idea. This one looks quite neat and pretty. It also makes sure that your hair won’t fall flat on your face and give you all the convenience you need to have the best photoshoot!
Can you use props during your shoot?
Yes, you surely can! You can use baby shoes, or maybe a board that has the baby’s name, balloons too happen to be a great idea. After the props have been decided, think how you want to pose for them. Never use too many props at one go.
We hope you have found this effective guide on maternity photoshoots useful. If you want to book yourself a maternity photoshoot anytime soon and would like someone to suggest and help you out, do reach out to us. We have a team of experts for Maternity Photoshoot Noida, Gurgaon, and other places who can help you out with your needs. Till then, make sure to follow our tips and share your maternity photoshoot experiences with us in the comment section below.